CoSMEd 2019: Frequently Asked Questions
- When will the conference take place? Where is it located?
The 2019 International Conference on Science and Mathematics Education (CoSMEd) will take place November 11-15, 2019 at the SEAMEO Regional Centre for Education in Science and Mathematics (RECSAM), Jalan Sultan Azlan, 11700 Gelugor, Pulau Pinang, MALAYSIA.
- How can I register? What are the registration rates?
CoSMed participants are encouraged to follow registration (Google form) and payment (http://cosmed.iconf.me/index.php/registration) as follows:
- What comes with my registration?
The registration fee will cover cost of admittance to:
♦ conference, keynotes, parallel sessions, workshops, poster presentations,
♦ conference kit and materials,
♦ conference banquet
- What do I do if I need to cancel?
Please send an official email to Secretariat at email@example.com not later than September 15, 2019.
- How can I reserve an Accommodation, and what are the rates?
Please visit the RECSAM International House page for information. Attention: To receive the room discount, you MUST register through conference registration link.
- What is the conference attire?
Business casual is suitable for all conference activities. (Men: khaki pants, slacks and collared shirts. Women: slacks/capris, skirts and blouses) Social functions are casual. It is recommended to bring a light sweater as meeting rooms can get chilly.
- Will there be free WIFI at the conference?
Yes, WIFI is available at the conference venues and at International House. WIFI information will be posted at the CoSMEd 2019 Registration Desk and International House upon check-in.
- Can I bring my spouse/children?
Although paper presenters and participants may bring family members to the RECSAM International House, only paid registrants wearing conference names badges will be permitted to attend conference events and food/social functions.
- I only want to attend one day of the conference, is that possible?
Yes, one-day conference registration is available upon request (Please write an official email to secretariat). Please note that your registration is valid only for sessions and events on that day and badges will be actively checked throughout the conference to ensure that participants have registered properly. The fee is MYR260.00 per day.
- Is the conference schedule available?
Details will be posted on our website as they are confirmed. A full conference schedule, including conference sessions, will be available on our website.
- How can I reserve exhibitor space in the CoSMEd 2019?
Interested companies, businesses and institutions can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- How can my organization become a conference sponsor?
Sponsorship opportunities are open, so act today. For more information, please contact Secretariat at email@example.com
- Can I advertise in the conference program?
Yes, please contact Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements
- What services are available for special needs and requests?
Please contact Secretariat at email@example.com to request services or other accommodations for special needs. If you have dietary preferences, please be sure to mark those on the space provided on the registration form when you register.
- I just want to attend one session. Is that possible to do without registering for the conference?
Individuals wanting to participate in one session must register for a one-day pass for that day; CoSMEd 2019 Secretariat does not allow unregistered attendees to come to sessions or other conference events.
- I'm a presenter - is there a PowerPoint template I should be using?
Yes. All presenters should download the PowerPoint template from CoSMEd 2019 website.
- Is there funding available to help with travel/registration costs?
Sorry that CoSMEd 2019 is unable to assist with travel or registration costs.
- Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
Yes, a certificate of participation is given for an attendance in the conference after the Closing Ceremony upon submission of Evaluation form or upon request from Secretariat.
- What is required to claim my certificate of participation?
Participants are required to accomplish and submit Evaluation form to Secretariat in order to claim certificates.
- What is the cancellation policy for the conference?
♦ Registration fees are refundable as below:
♦ Cancellation policy
♦ 50% refund for cancellation received not later than 15 September 2019
♦ No refund for cancellation received after 15 September 2019
♦ Substitutions will be allowed if authorised in writing by the original registrant and MYR50.00 will be paid as administrative charges
♦ The organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the conference
- I am an overseas participant and need a letter of invitation before I can receive my visa. What is the procedure?
CoSMEd 2019 will provide letters of invitation upon request to registrants only in the following circumstances:
♦ Registration is paid in full.
♦ Registrants must use an email address affiliated with an institution of higher education, Ministry of Education, or a recognized organization.
- My question is not listed here. Whom do I contact?
Please contact Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Conference on Science and Mathematics Education (CoSMEd 2019)