- To provide a forum to deliberate issues and share experiences on the development of science and mathematics education at all levels.
- To exchange ideas on continuing professional development programmes as a means to sustain the preparation of high quality science and mathematics educators.
- To strengthen collaborations and networking among experts, science and mathematics educators, organisations and educational institutions locally and globally to sustain science and mathematics education reforms in teaching, learning and assessment.
- To discuss developments in information and communication technology (ICT) integration to improve learning of science and mathematics.
- To share knowledge, skills and experiences on high-quality formal, non-formal and informal learning related to STEM education towards future career choices and personal development